From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:02
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: 7.6.04 SP3 - SW00391781

Hi,

In the "Known issues in the AR System server 7.6.04 Service Pack 3" I found
this thing:

SW00391781
In BMC Remedy AR System, the search operation using the leading wildcard
character (%) is not as efficient as a complete string search or a trailing
wildcard search.
For example, search for the %block string is less efficient than a search for
either the block or block% strings.
To fix the issue, contact BMC Software Customer Support.
---

I thought that this was all due to database issues when doing LIKE searches.
Indexes was never used when doing trailing searches. How can this be "fixed"?

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):