Good morning folks,

I think I already know the answer to these questions, but I wanted to see if
perhaps I was missing something because there is no good way to get this
information out of Asset Management even though these are basic, common
scenarios.  For these examples, I'm using Asset Management 7.6.4 with a user
that has Asset Admin rights.

1.       From within Asset Management, how do you bring up a list of all CIs
"Used By" an individual.  This existed in 7.0.3 in the Asset management
Console, but appears to not exist in 7.6.4.

2.       From within Asset Management, how do you bring up a list of all CIs in
a specific location, such as what you would need to update if you were moving
someone from one office to another?

As far as I know, there is no way to actually do either of these within Asset
Management.  I can solve #1 by going into the People record and pulling up the
list of CIs, but that's extremely cumbersome when you are trying to work within
Asset Management.  For the second item, the only way an end user that doesn't
have access to the BaseElement form to do that would be within BMC Analytics.
I'm really hoping that I am wrong about these, although it does seem like BMC
has basically given up on the concept of Asset Management to focus exclusively
on the CMDB, but even then, how useful can the CMDB be if you can't do basic
queries like these?

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.