There are a few things you can do.  If you are using 7.6.04, Crystal Reports
will not be viewed unless you are using Crystal Enterprise or BO.  In 7.6.04
you can create canned reports using either ARSystem or Web reports and make
them available to your users.  The Web reports will give you basic chart
capabilities.  You also have really robust reporting capabilities with BMC
Analytics.  Analytics is built on BO Universes.  You can create a canned set
of reports in here too.  With Analytics you can also schedule your canned
reports and have them emailed out or put somewhere like SharePoint.  This
feature is nice because your users have the reports they need when they need
them.

As far as figuring out the database ids.  You can go through the painful
process of looking through Dev Studio to look at the field ids.  You can
also run a simple select statement on the database.  At the database level
you will see a number of tables.  The arschema table will give you the form
names and ids.  There is a fields table that will give you the field
information.

Brian