Hi,

Syslog is not a communication protocol.

If the "partner" says they have syslog files (log files), they can ftp
them to your unix server for further processing.

You can then you have some kind of programs that parse the log files and
performs actions, such as submitting/modifying/correlating against AR
records.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://rrr.se