Lars,

Do you have a specific example you could share?  Off the top of my head I
would say treat the different price points as a service provided and then
associate the assets and customers related to that service.  All you would
have to do is change the service price.  It sounds like you may have a
little different situation.  As an example the organization may provide
desktop services.  There may be a bronze, silver, and gold package with
different price points and configurations.  You would setup the bronze
package for $x.xx and associate all the customers and desktops to that
package.  I'm not sure if this is how you are currently setup or if you
have widget A that you charge customer X $10 and customer Y $20.  I would
tend to think the services are different price points and the physical
assets are the same price.  Another scenario might be if you sell widget A
for $10, but if they buy 100 widgets it is $8/widget.  I would think these
price points would also be listed separately in the system.  I'm not sure
it is a far stretch to utilize the basic OOB functionality with the
addition of a couple workflow items to handle price changes and merges.  I
would also probably look at instead of modifying the existing price point
just setting up new ones.  This way you have a historical record of both.
Hopefully this gives you a few ideas.

Brian