On a similar note...

There's got to be a better design that would not need to utilize this
form of caching in the first palace.

We go through this nightmare everytime we deploy - it's a headache.

We have 2 active mid tier servers (Windows/Tomcat) active to users. So
everytime we deploy we have to disable one from the load balancer, flush
cache and then wait 1 hour for it to complete the rebuild. So that's at
least 2 hours of my life down the drain everytime we deploy.

I already have to deploy after hours, so having to wait for the caching
to complete really gets under my skin.

We've found we can't leave a mid tier server active to users during the
rebuild due to slowness as a result of CPU consumption for the rebuild.
I hate to think what this would be like if I had more than 2 active web
servers.

I've seen plenty of other enterprise web apps where all you have to do
is drop in the applicable objects (jsp ,jar, aspx, xml, html etc..) then
you're done. That's it...why can't BMC make this process cleaner and
more efficient?

In my mind it would be great if the objects in Dev Studio represented as
objects on the web layer that could be pushed by themselves or all as a
whole. E.g. if I was making a change to HPD:Helpdesk and added an active
link, then the objects at the web layer for HPD:Helpdesk and the new
active link would be pushed - that's it done.

Regards,

Andrew Goodall

Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com
<http://www.jcp.com/>