I have a need to build a view form to a table on a Remote Oracle DB
10g from our ARS 7.1.06 running sql 2005 DB server

Has anyone been sucessful doing this?

We created the DBlink between the 2 dbs and we are able to connect
from the sql server  via other tools like odbc or sql plus and see the
table on oracle db.

ARAdmin is the oracle table owner and has read/write access, (I am
still scptical) attempted to create the view using the parameter
LINK.DATABASE.TABLEOWNER.TABLE and I always recieve the error in the
Admin tool
"Failure during SQL operation to the database :
CMS_TEST.CMSTEST.ARADMIN.REMEDY_CASES (ARERR 552)"

SQL Log posts this error
*** ERROR ***  Invalid use of schema or catalog for OLE DB provider
"MSDASQL" for linked server "CMS_TEST". A four-part name was supplied,
but the provider does not expose the necessary interfaces to use a
catalog or schema. (SQL Server 7312)

I have worked with BMC Support and they back up all of our
configuration and settings in the ar.cfg file, and all other system
settings.

Any Ideas?

--
Gary Dries