From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:07 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Trying to build a view form to a Remote Oracle DB from a Remedy
SQL DB

Gary,

Jean-Louis is correct.
 I am trying the same thing on ARS 7.6.03.
Had the DBA create a Linked Server on MS SQL using DTS.
I created a view in the ARSystem database using MS SQL Server management Studio.
SELECT     CAST(CONTROL_UNIQUE_ID AS int) AS UNIQUE_ID, CAST(CONTROL_NUM AS
varchar) AS Control_Num, CAST(PLANT_CODE AS varchar)
                      AS Plant_Code
FROM         LINKNAME..DATABASENAME.TABLENAME AS TABLENAME_1
 I could then create an ARSystem View Form but that is as far as I got.
I can query either view in MS SQL Studio and get results but not from the WUT
running a search on the View Form.
I even tried a Direct SQL set fields action with no luck.
I'll post more if I get something working.

---
John J. Reiser
Remedy Developer/Administrator
Senior Software Development Analyst
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me