There could be more than just the DSO is failing.
Since you mentioned the production is working and dr is using the same
database, please compare both ar.conf and armonitor.conf b/n prod and dr
and you may find something there.
Make sure they are very similar as much as possible.(Same kind of
ports,threads,timeouts, logging options etc...) during the troubleshooting.
That would eliminate lot of unknowns.
Also you are on a windows server so try installing user tool on the server
itself and try login from there.
Turn on API, SQL, User logs at server level and see if your login attempts
are displayed in the logs. If they are it will atleast confirm that atleast
server is receiving packets from client.
You could also use the driver program that is installed along with arserver
to initiate api calls for troubleshooting.