I looked more into this escalation to see what it is doing and what fields
that it uses and why.  I found a filter (HPD:INC:SetFromResolved_Kickback)
 that fires when a ticket is reopened that increases the count in the
Kickback count field. Then on the first of the month this escalation fire
and reset everything back to zero.  My best guess is that this process is
used for some out of the box report.   I think I'm going to recommend to
just disable the escalation.

John Atherly  |   APC by Schneider Electric   |  Information, Process &
Organization (IPO)  |   Remedy Administrator / Developer
Phone: +305-266-5005 ext. 237  |
Email: john.athe...@apcc.com  |   Site: www.apc.com/  |   Address: 703
Waterford Way, Suit 850, Miami, FL 33126 USA
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

"Joe Martin D'Souza" <jdso...@shyle.net>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
03/12/2012 10:36 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: ResetKickbackCount" Escalation question .... out of the box escalation
seems to be updating every incident older than 31 days

**

I completely agree that bypassing the application layer is never a good
idea unless absolutely necessary.. the second option of a custom Last
Modified Date2 set by custom workflow is a better idea as the framework of
its implementation stays within the applications context.

Direct SQL’s if used, MUST be used CAREFULLY. The only reason I thought of
it in this case is that I’m almost 100% sure a Direct SQL when used within
workflow to update a record, does not alter the Last Modified Date or Last
Modified By field. It just updates what is asked to update and bypasses
the application layer altogether and does not update these system fields
even if the SQL was designed to update a AR record.

Out of curiosity (I didn’t have the time to find out the purpose of this
Escalation), what does it do?

Joe