That brings us to a discussion we were having a few weeks or maybe days ago.. why rebuild the entire cache.. why not an overhaul which checks for the delta and rebuilds only the delta.. You would have thought that’s a very basic idea (like the thick client where it compares timestamps to recognize if something's changed on the server)..

Why is that concept not extended to the mid-tier caching mechanism beats me...

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Brien Dieterle Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 4:26 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Effects of flushing midtier cache

I'm pretty sure it was invalid session errors. I agree with the sentiment that changes should be done after-hours. However, that doesn't solve the puzzle of why the default definition check interval of 60 minutes can (usually) successfully implement any changes *without* negatively affecting anyone. That is, can we get a button that just does the same thing that is happening every hour anyway?

Brien

On 3/26/2012 1:06 PM, David Durling wrote:
Thanks, Brien.  What problems do your users report when this happens?

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Brien Dieterle [mailto:brien.diete...@cgcmail.maricopa.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 3:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Cc: David Durling

In my experience flushing the cache IS intrusive. Every once in a long while I can't resist it any long and I start enthusiastically pressing that big, red, SHINY
button.  Then the phone calls start trickling in.
I wish I knew why. It didn't always seem to be this way, but I can't be sure. It seemed to start happening sometime after 7.5 upgrade, but that is just a gut
feeling.  We're on 7.6 SP2 now.

Brien