When Developer Studio first came out, I was suspicious because it appeared to
be part of a huge shift toward making Remedy more Java-like.  Consider that
Developer Studio is basically just a customized version of Eclipse, which is
the IDE quite a few Java developers use, and also keep in mind how many
additional plugins have been added over the years mostly for ITSM.

Personally I am probably more in the same camp as Jose.  I would like the
ability to do more powerful development on AR System, especially since I've
been dabbling in Java and Android development using Eclipse for a while now and
see some of the strengths of Eclipse being limited in Developer Studio.  At the
same time, I want the option of keeping things as simple as possible with
Remedy workflow, and would like to see them abstract things even more to where
you can build workflow using something that looks like Visio to design
processes that automatically generate code (sort of like Pentaho Spoon/Atrium
Integrator is supposed to do.)  These things are not necessarily simple, but I
think BMC can accomplish those types of things if that is their vision as well.

Either way, I now prefer Developer Studio over the old Admin Tool for the same
reasons as most people here.  It was a bit of a learning curve, but once you're
past it, it should be smooth sailing.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union