Could you post screen shots of what you see and what you expect to see?

Joe

From: John Atherly
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:27 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Missing Active link to manage

**
Yes I double checked that.  But thanks for asking I have done some simple
mistakes before.

It is link to the button on the form.  But if you look at the navigation bar
properties there is another place it looks likes you need to link it.       I
just tested it and it is working but I'm still wondering while the active link
is not showing up in the manage active link area of the navigation bar.   May
the active link fairy connects it during the night.

Thanks for your help

John Atherly  |  APC by Schneider Electric   |  Information, Process &
Organization (IPO)  |   Remedy Administrator / Developer
Phone: +305-266-5005 ext. 237  |
Email: john.athe...@apcc.com  |   Site: www.apc.com/  |   Address: 703
Waterford Way, Suit 850, Miami, FL 33126 USA
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

      "Joe Martin D'Souza" <jdso...@shyle.net>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
      04/10/2012 01:14 PM Please respond to
            arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

     To arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
            cc
            Subject Re: Missing Active link to manage

**

Are you sure you attached the active link to the right form??? If not you will
not see it on that list..

Also why don’t you associate the AL to the field directly when you are editing
the AL?? I would think that is a easier one step approach rather than creating
an AL and then saving and closing it, opening the form its tied to, and then
attaching it from the properties of the field.. That’s sort of like taking a
world tour to check a local landmark..

Joe

I don't have access to the database to run the SQL search.   I logged out of
Dev Studio and I am able to see the active link in the list of all active
links. Just not the active link list that is in the properties of the
navigation bar.

John Atherly  |  APC by Schneider Electric   |  Information, Process &
Organization (IPO)  |   Remedy Administrator / Developer
Phone: +305-266-5005 ext. 237  |
Email: john.athe...@apcc.com  |   Site: www.apc.com/  |   Address: 703
Waterford Way, Suit 850, Miami, FL 33126 USA
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

      "Joe Martin D'Souza" <jdso...@shyle.net>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
      04/10/2012 12:58 PM
            Please respond to
            arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

            To arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
            cc
            Subject Re: Missing Active link to manage

**
Try logging into the database (SQL client) as ARADMIN and run this query..

select count(*) from actlink where name = ‘My active link name’;

Obviously type in your exact name of the active link (case sensitive).

Or try the name in all lower case..
select count(*) from actlink where LOWER(name) = ‘my active link name’;

If you do not get a count of 1, that active link for some reason does not exist
on your server..

Joe