We were having some intermittent response issues and of course the finger
always points to the application or database.  We're also on Sun Solaris
but  ARS v7.5, Oracle 10g.

I've started using rrr|Log and love, love, love that program (www.rrr.se).
I can quickly see any sql statements taking longer  than I'd expect and
work to correct them.  Although when things take 2/100's of a second I
think they're in pretty good  shape.  But I was able to spot people doing
full table scan queries and coach them (polite terminology) in how to do
them properly, and the subsequently make  sure  they're doing it that way.
It also shows thread information and lapse times.

You can use the evaluation portion but for us was  about 2 minutes worth of
log file.  It was a one minute  demo to the CTO to get approval for full
version.  I do believe I saw a twinkle in his eye and his mouth involuntary
dropped open.  Good job Misi !!!

Plus now I get to point to the network guys ... lol !!!

Susan