Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well, this is with reference to one of my
requirement of implementing SSO in Remedy environment.
My Current Remedy Setup is :

Platform: OS= Windows 2003 Server
Database= SQL Server 2005
Remedy AR Server = 7.5.004
Remedy ITSM Apps Version= 7.6.001
Users were LDAP authenticated.

Midtier Env:

OS= Windows 2003 Server
Web Server= Apache Tomcat

I want to implement SSO in my environment with my current setup. But i am
not getting the clear picture of how to implement this.Till date, what i
found that:
1. Can be achieved through customized SSO: In this, we need to write some
external java class which will authenticate the users.Here, my question is
"Is there any need of any extra web server depending on my current
environment. I heard of web access manager by BMC,Oracle,etc".Plz suggest.

2. Third party provided SSO solutions.

3. To upgrade my existing version to 7.6.04, where BMC has provided the SSO
solution.

Other queries of mine are:

a. SSO requires license or not, if yes, then shall we need to take a call
with BMC for license.
b. what validation parameter should i consider while implementing SSO.
c. Shall we need any Web access manager for implementing SSO.And if i am
going for Oracle web access manager, will it create some compatibility
issue with SQL server 2005.

Any help or any suggestions will contribute a lot.

Thanks & Regards

Hari
E-mail:- hsvishwaka...@gmail.com