John

Didn't state single user repository just authentication repository.  SSO
will allow you to setup multiple repositories (LDAP, RSA, CAC, Local, etc.).
That's why my original question was what exactly is SSO going to be used
for.  If it is to provide LDAP capabilities for Mid-tier then there are
better ways to handle this.  If you are looking at implementing both
Analytics and ITSM then SSO could work, but it is not without a lot of work
to get it working right.  If you are looking at SSO to automagically
authenticate you to various apps based on your network login when you logged
into the box then BMC SSO will not work for that.  I have successfully setup
SSO in a dev environment against multiple repositories.  However, we pulled
the plug on production because at the time it was not compatible with
encryption and I didn't feel it was ready for prime time.  This was for a
7.6.04 environment.

Looking at Hari's original questions:

1.  Hard to answer without knowing exactly what you are trying to do.
2.  Java System Solutions is a third party that has designed a SSO plugin
for AR System
3.  Upgrading can be a good and bad thing for many reasons.  SSO probably
shouldn't be your driving force to upgrading to 7.6.04.

Other queries:

a.  License questions are probably best asked to your BMC Account Manager.
They know your account structure best.
b. validation parameter? Not sure what you're looking for here
c.  BMC SSO has its own access manager/administration tool and doesn't
require the use of Oracle Access Manager.  BMC SSO is loaded on a separate
web server from the mid-tier.  It uses 32 bit were as Mid-tier can use 64
bit.  No you can try to get these working on the same web server, but it is
not recommended.

I still would need a better understanding of the requirements to provide
decent answers.

Brian