Hi Listers,

Here are some more great topics that we are considering for WWRUG12 in October
this year.  Still have to run these by the board, but wanted to update you on
what we are looking at for Breakout Sessions.  You still have until July 1,
2012 to get your topics in to us. After that we close the window to accept
topics.  Looking forward to seeing you all in October.

The following submission has been made by Walt Klos from Seamless Technologies
Inc..

Topic Details

Topic:  The tribulations of bringing SCCM data into BMC Atrium
Abstract:       This is the age of data. We have lots of data around us, but
not so much information as we need. The BMC Remedy ITSM tool is a great was to
drive a technology services business, but it needs information to make the
business run. SCCM is a unique tool for administering a large population of
Windows (and other platforms) systems. SCCM creates information about these
systems as lists of computers, components, and software. This information would
be very valuable for financial analysis and corporate controls and planning; so
if the information could be copied to Remedy then Remedy would have a much
better database for financial analysis.

The Seamless Data Pump is a tool that handles that transfer. Drop it in place
and two hours later you are moving information to Remedy.
Synopsis:       THE PROBLEMS OF SCCM TO ATRIUM INTEGRATION
Why should SCCM data be a benefit to financial asset management?
What are the major issues that arise with SCCM integration?
Present a product that can handle the major issues of integration.
THE SEAMLESS DATA PUMP
Describe the creation of CIs and relationships.
Focus on the special capabilities that make customization a breeze.
Display the extensive ETL simulation capabilities.
Demonstrate the awesome normalization capability.
Discuss real use cases where the product has been tested to its limits.
Technical Skill Level:  Intermediate
Classification: Integration
Categorization: Vendor
Specification:  Technical

The following submission has been made by Hugo Vuong from BMC.

Topic Details

Topic:  Optimizing the AR Web Stack for Performance and High Load
Abstract:       Sizing a web application stack correctly to support the
targeted web load is non-trivial. Beyond the hardware, allocation of resources
and configuration of the JVM, web container, and web application plays a
critical role in maximizing the load handling and performance of the web
application. This presentation covers the monitoring, adjustment, and
configuration of the BMC AR Platform web stack (JVM, tomcat, Mid-tier) to
optimize performance and handling of web load.
Synopsis:       This is a very complex topic and is highly specialized; however
sufficient tools and techniques will be introduced so that the participant can
monitor the web stack behavior and make adjustments. A guideline for
interpreting monitored result is provided to guide the participant in making
optimal adjustments.

The presentation includes:
- JVM monitoring
- JVM configuration and resource allocation
- Garbage Collection
- Heap allocation
- 64 bit JVM optimization
- Tomcat HTTP service threads configuration
- HTTP service threads pool
- HTTP request buffer pool
- Midtier configuration
- ehcache
- AR API connection pool
- connection pool management
Technical Skill Level:  Advanced
Classification: Other
Categorization: AR System - Core
Specification:  Technical
The following submission has been made by Yogesh Ketkar from Vyom Labs Pvt.
Ltd..

Topic Details

Topic:  Performance Testing of BMC Remedy 7.6
Abstract:       How to do performance testing of Remedy using SilkPerformer and
JMeter. Pros and Cons of
Commercial vs Open Source tool. Best practices of writing scripts in both
SilkPerformer and JMeter.
Synopsis:       This session will cover:
* Customer case study of performance testing using SilkPerformer.
In particular
•     how to come up with virtual users count
•     how to do performance analysis and reporting
* Test suite we have developed using JMeter.
Technical Skill Level:  Intermediate
Classification: Education
Categorization: AR System - Core
Specification:  Technical