The problem is that all updates are counted against the filter limit.  So,
if you have n records to be modified, and each modification causes m filters
to run, you will get n*m filters total running in the transaction.

A simple solution may be to say no maximum number of filters temporarily
while you execute the change.

You can use Meta-Update on a trial license (no cost) and it will effect all
changes.  Because each update is a separate API transaction,  the filter
limit will not be reached as the total number of filters executed will be m
- not n*m

If you are interested in a trial (which will effect your changes - just
specify both your production and development servers on the trial form),
then please contact me off-list.

Cheers

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com>
Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com

Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and out Freebies

Section for an ITSM 7.6.04 Forms and Fields spreadsheet.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/