You also need some demographics on the responders to validate the response.

IF they only have experience with 7.5 and 7.6 they will never know that
relative to version 4.0 everything else has been a cakewalk.

What if the platform makes a difference?

Any data you are collecting is so subjective and limited that it is really
quite useless for virtually any purpose.

Self selecting, how do you determine that you have a big enough and random
sample?

(I have always wanted to find the time to be able to compare number of major
issues in a BMC Remedy release versus Other companies

releases but that becomes quite difficult in terms of measuring apples to
apples).

Daniel