From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Timothy Powell
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:05 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Opinion - Tasks not Displayed on Parent Consoles

**

Before I go butting heads with the BMC engineers on this one, I wanted to ask
this group their opinion on this subject.

Background:

ITSM Suite 7.6.04

Tasks can be associated with several things with the ITSM Suite, including
Incidents or Change Requests.

When you create a task within Incident or Change, that INC or CRQ record
becomes the parent record for that task.

Current functionality:

Tasks (regardless of their parent record) can only be viewed from the Overview
Console/IT Home Page.

When viewed in the Overview Console, the Parent Request ID (INCxxxxxxxxxxxx or
CRQxxxxxxxxxxxx) is part of the data displayed.

Desired Functionality:

Tasks can be viewed from the console related to their parent record.

So if you create a task for an incident, the assignee can see that task from
the Incident Console.

Questions:

1) Does anybody else besides me find it odd that tasks cannot be viewed from
the parent consoles?

2) Am I out of bounds for asking for such an RFE?

Thanks,

Tim

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.