We got it.. we think..

Issue is really that a feild1 on one system says it is field length  of 0
--Win 2008 Oracle 11 / ARS 7.6.04 sp2 -- works fine
however
--Sol 10, Oracle 11 / ARS 7.6.04 sp2 (same) -- did not work..
Unique index violation.. but there is no index on the field, so we made it
4000 vice 0 and it now works..
=== Oracle is not Oracle on windows / solaris..

Three stooges ..

we had this mapped to a coloum on the business console, but we had a
customer submit over 255 (changed from 0 )
all SRM's hung in submit, and never made it to remedy internal and hung in
CAI:Events..

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Tauf Chowdhury <taufc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When you add a question in your SRD, you should be able to set a
> character limit for each question.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 26, 2012, at 4:41 PM, patrick zandi <remedy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ** Is there a way to invoke a javascript / check to limit a character
> field to 255  rather than it blowing out the SRM submission.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Zandi
> > _attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com  ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_

Patrick Zandi