Hello all,

We are looking to use Asset Management to track our server maintenance
contracts. For major suppliers like Sun and HP, the costs are broken out per
server, which would like to capture as well. My question is whether or not this
means I will need to have a separate sub-contract for each different server
cost. It seems like I do, because the only way I find to capture the contract
cost is in the 'Cost per Asset' field, Accounting section, General tab.

For example, say we have a couple of main contracts, each of which has a couple
CSIs, and each of which covers a couple servers:

·         Sun US hardware contract AAA

o   CSI 111 - 24x7

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx11 $300

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx12 $200

§  Netra T1 Ser#xy11 $250

o   CSI 222

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx21 $200

§  Netra T1 Ser#xy12 $350

·         Sun US hardware contract BBB

o   CSI 333

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx11 $300

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx12 $200

§  Netra T1 Ser#xy11 $250

o   CSI 444

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx11 $300

§  Ent. 420R Ser#xx12 $200

§  Netra T1 Ser#xy11 $250

Is there another way to capture the separate asset cost, or do I need to create
a separate contract for each cost value? In this case, that would mean the main
and CSI contracts would be master contracts, and each of the bottom levels
would be a maintenance contract of its own.

The overall goal is to have full capture of the contract costs, from the top
down (how much does 'Sun US hardware contract AAA' cost?) to the bottom up (how
much are we paying in maintenance for our Enterprise 420Rs?). All pertinent
advice and experience appreciated!

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.