From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Daniel Bloom
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:21 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: WWRUG/ARSlist Awards 2012: Nominations for MVP etc. and New Categories
now open

Sorry for the long post, it is needed for this:

As Founder of the ARSlist in November 1993,

it is my privilege to announce the 17th Annual ARSlist Awards, Call For
Nominations.

These awards were created by me in 1995

to recognize the effort that other people were putting into the list by

providing the questions, the excellent technical replies and frequently
mediocre humour.

It was also to provide posters an incentive to keep providing those excellent
technical replies

and perhaps improve the humour.

The Rules for Nominations and some General Rules:

* An individual must be nominated by at least two independent sources

* The years postings are somewhat reviewed to ensure that this is someone who
posts quality answers.

( Not that anyone has ever been rejected on this basis)

* Only those that have registered on the ARSlist before August 1st. 2012 will
be eligible to vote.

It is assumed you won't vote if you haven't been around long enough to know the
posters in question.

In the unlikely event of another tie, the person or product with the greatest
number of sources of votes will be declared winner.

If it is still a tie, a panel of past winners will convene to break the tie.

* Voting and nominating is by the Individual REAL person,

so redistribution lists don't vote, your identity must be known,

and those that have multiple subscriptions still get only one vote

* BMCSoftware employees on the ARSlist are eligible to vote

* All decisions of myself or  the oversight panel are final

(if I have to make a controversial decision, I confer with 3 past MVP winners
for their opinion)

* Nominations posted to the list are not accepted, they must be to
d...@wwrug.com

* Votes posted to the list are not accepted, they must be to d...@wwrug.com

Past MVP [Most Valuable Poster Award] recipients are:

2011 Misi Mladoniczky

2010 Joe D'Souza

2009 Dr. Christopher Strauss

2007 Rick Cook

2006 Axton Grams

---------------------------

2005 Tim Widowfield

2004 Matt Reinfeldt

2003 Carey Matthew Black

2002 Chris Woyton

2001 Gidd Calden

2000 Jarl Groneng, Tommy Nijem

1999 Rick Cook

1998 Raymond Leach

1997 Vicky Bayol

1996 Joel D. Sender

1995 Martin Nystrom

In the MVP list above, anyone after 2005 is not eligible,

and neither am I or the Advisory Board of the Conference

So, the two open categories are....

*MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

This is the person you feel has contributed the most to the list in a
combination of quality and quantity.

Anyone who has won the award in the last 5 years, current BMC or BMC Remedy
employees are not eligible.

An individual must be nominated by at least two independent sources.

BMC Software Employee: Beyond the Call of Duty Award

Again, an individual must be nominated by at least two independent sources.

Nominations for other Categories are also open until August 17th

Nominate a potential winner for another Category while you suggest the category
if you wish

[no Nominations, no Award will be conferred in that category

there must be more than one Nomination for a category etc.]

Please send nominations to d...@wwrug.com

Software categories are currently being handled by on-site Awards at WWRUG with
the vendors in the Showcase being

eligible. The ARSlist Awards are not currently contemplating software
categories.

Time Lines:

        August 1st : This message is posting opening Nominations

     August 17th: Nominations for MVP closes, other category nominations close
    August 22nd: Voting begins for 2 weeks for MVP and other categories

September 5th: The voting closes at 5 p.m. EST

Thursday October  18th at WWRUG12: Award Ceremony during the WWRUG Awards
keynote.

[no one knows the winner(s) until then, well okay, except me and the plaque
company]

Please send nominations to d...@wwrug.com

Thanks ... Daniel

Daniel Bloom