ARSlist readers,

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH A NOMINATION, but do keep reading!

I was just filtering through a few thousand emails at lunch today and the two
sent by Dan Bloom and LJ Longwing struck a chord.

We read this mailing list every day, and (probably) search the archives every
so often, looking for that elusive bit of knowledge, configuration, programming
technique or someone else's experience with an extremely complicated subject.
There is too much to know and not enough brain space for any single person to
know all of it. We must share what we have learned just to get through the day.
The things I have learned on the list have saved me MONTHS of effort!

There is a dedicated group of generous people who over the past year (and past
couple of decades) have freely shared what they know so that we can do our jobs
better. Participation is time consuming, frustrating, detailed and usually
thankless.

Usually thankless, but not now.

Would you take a few minutes to think about the number of times you have
learned something from the ARSLIST in the past year?

        "How-to-do-it?"
        "Yes, that's a bug."
        "No, we fixed it this way."
        "Here's another approach."
        "We have a similar symptom, but a different cause."
        "They misspelled the doxumentation."
        "We tested this product and it's great."
        "We tested this product and it sucks!"
        "Of course, there's another way to do it!"
        "You can remember the 60's? Then you weren't really there, were you?"

If any of these happened to you (except for that last one) because of something
you read on the ARSLIST, now's the time to say "Thanks!," by nominating the
person for the Most Valuable Contributor to the ARSLIST.

There's also an award for the BMC Software Employee who has gone "Beyond the
Call Of Duty."

DO NOT reply to this email with a nomination. Read Dan Bloom's August 3rd post
earlier in this thread for complete details, or just send a private email to
d...@wwrug.com.

Doug

--
Doug Blair