Hello Everyone,

Environment,
AIX 6.1. with ARS 7.5P4 on 11g (local)
Websphere 6.1, MT 7.5P4 32bit install.

History, we have been using runmacro to create automated tickets for a long
time.  So it is bridge between TEC/Ominbus and Remedy.

Occasionally and lately we have been experiencing this issue: The runmacro
executes successfully, but one of the parameter (variable) of the runmacro is
incorrect and should have issued an error (stdout) which is piped to a file and
logic written against. Nothing has changed, this works for other parameters
populating the runmacro format. I look at the filter logging to see if it
captures the error that should be stdout, but  no error in logs.

Is there a better way to trouble shoot this?

Successful Example:

$s -e Automation -p Automation_Tag=REMEDY_TEST -p SRD="Testing, Please ignore"
-p work_desc="Testing Please ignore" -p Cust_Iden=ValidCustomer -p Severity=4
-p *
BMC Remedy Action Request System  Unix Runmacro Version 7.5.00
Copyright (c) BMC Software, Inc. 1991-2009. All rights reserved.
Executing macro - Automation. Please wait...
Request AUTO00000473341 was successfully created. -  [ARNOTE 1100]
Macro - Automation processing complete.

UnSuccessful Example:
$s -e Automation -p Automation_Tag=REMEDY_TEST -p SRD="Testing, Please ignore"
-p work_desc="Testing Please ignore" -p Cust_Iden=InvalidCust -p Severity=4 -p*
BMC Remedy Action Request System  Unix Runmacro Version 7.5.00
Copyright (c) BMC Software, Inc. 1991-2009. All rights reserved.
Executing macro - Automation. Please wait...
(STDOUT ERROR SHOULD EXIST HERE, FOR INVALID CUSTOMER)
Macro - Automation processing complete.

Successful UnSuccessful Example:
$/usr/ar/remedy/bin/runmacro.6.3 -x rmdyprod -a 59500 -d
/home/remedy/arHome/arcmds -e Automation -p Automation_Tag=REMEDY_TEST -p
SRD="Testing, Please ig>
Action Request System  Unix Runmacro Version 6.3
Copyright (c) BMC Software, Inc. 1991-2005. All rights reserved.
Executing macro - Automation. Please wait...
 - The Phone # you have entered is not in a valid format.  Please use either
Macro - Automation processing complete.

DEE