I hope this question finds you all in good health.

Now for my question/issue, we just went from 7.6.1 to 7.6.4 r3 and started to
run out of floating licenses. With the user population staying the same.

So we (with the help of BMC support) started to look around. What we saw was
strange, we have 3 mid-tiers tied to 2 app servers, through a load balancer
with the sticky bit set. No we are using he new load balancer function in the
7.6.4 mid-tier. What we found was that users were being logged on to both app
servers, therefor taking 2 licenses. One on each server.

After spending 7 hours on a web-ex with, BMC, the load balancer vendor and
number of others, we are still some what lost. The leading item that might be
the cause is the load balancer, but no one is sure why a user that is not an
admin and has a floating license, can be logged into two arservers at the same
time or what is pushing the user after they log in, then open a form (like
change management console or the incident console) and then logging them into
the other server.

BMC has been great looking at this issue with us, as well as the other vendors.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen anything like this since moving
to 7.6.4.

Take care,

Howard

Sent from one of Howard's iPads