Hi,
this is actually how the "new" 7.6.04 version makes use of not having to use
the sticky bit in the load balancer.
What I have found actually happens is that a user is logged into a primary
server and a license record created (master), then they also logged into the
remaining servers with secondary license records (child) for each server.
You can see this occurring in the BMC license usage stats (when enabled).
As a result, you can therefore seamlessly switch between servers and
plug-ins over the user session (as the user appears to be logged into all
servers) without the need to have cache persistency.

The user "should" not physically take another license, but it will appear as
if they are licensed across all the servers individually to allow the
seamless switch over if a server/process fails.  The Mid Tier can also
impersonate this user when making calls, which is why there are now so many
types of these calls seen in the logs.

I had to take this into account when building my license usage program as
the user is "soft" logged into all servers, although they do actually have a
primary record to the one they connected to first.

Cheers
Carl

http://www.missingpiecessoftware.com/