Hi,

I am on holiday so answering this on my phone. But the important part is
getting the vm correct before you clone it.

So, we utilise the local hosts file and call the system ars01. So when you
install AR Server, you always call it that and it can resolve to itself.
That way you won't have to mess around with trying to find the references
in conf/xml/DB and change them after the clone. *You do have to change one
or two things but not much*.

We have both remote and local Oracle instances. For the remote ones, the
tnsnames.ora will be one of the things you will have to update to point to
your instance on the grid. So when you have finished making your clone,
export it so when you need a new clone, create an Oracle instance on the
grid and import the DB so your new vm has a fresh ARSystem db to play
with.

Second, the default web path may need updating in the ar.conf as this is
embedded with emails that get sent out etc.

When you are ready, use vcenter to "convert to template". Then make sure
you deploy by right clicking the template and deploy to virtual machine.
This, with a Windows vm, will run something called sysprep automatically
which is worth googling about just to know what it does and why its needed
but if you deploy this way you wont have to worry about it.

Add an entry in the DNS server for your new name and set it to the new IP
of your cloned machine. Make sure you dont have an entry in the DNS as
ars01. You never want any TCP packets looking on the network for it :)

Add IP-Name: <The server name you have given it in DNS> in the ar.conf

restart.

Thats about all I can remember.
Good luck
Danny