From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Kevin Shaffer
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 10:19 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Auto-Import a Text File

**
ARS 7.6.04 SP2

I have a requirement that multiple text files will be placed on a network share
drive every 30 minutes.  The requirement is for me to import these files into a
custom form in Remedy.  The customer is set on using pipe delimited text files
and is not interested in switching over to webservices or pushing the text file
into a DB table and then create a View form.  The integration must be using
pipe delimited text files.

Every 30 minutes, one or more files is dropped into a folder, i.e. <file A> and
<file B> dropped at 12:30; at 1:00 PM <file c> is dropped in the folder.  I
must grab the files at 12:30 and import them into a custom form.  After they
have imported into the custom form, I need to rename the file or move it to
another directory so they dont import twice.  I then repeat the process at 1:00
PM.

Can this be done using ARImport from an escalation or AIE or some other method
other than webservices or a View form?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin