Jason/Misi,

Thanks for your interest.  I already knew the answer but was hoping for
some 'miracle'.  We just  basically did the full build new dbs/servers last
year when we couldn't make our 7.01 to 7.5 upgrade work.  It should be
noted that when using oracle you don't actually choose unicode in Remedy,
it installs based on how oracle is installed.  Wish I had paid more
attention to that fact last year.

Regarding the import of tables/objects, that was not a pleasant
experience.  It changes all the table ID's which caused problems in other
applications using Remedy.  Of course now we have a list of those, guess
they can be modified again.  Hopefully they took my advice to use table
names not ID's.

We have a freeze beginning in November during our customer's busy season so
we've basically run out of time this year.  We'll tackle it next year and
since it's a total new install may consider ARS v8.0 right away, and oracle
11g.  I was looking at the compatibility chart regarding linux but that
seems a little confusing about using that and I haven't checked further.
We'd really like to move away from the oracle costs.

We're also moving to a new location in April so I'm think we'll be
postponed until June/July which may work well with v8.  Gives the early
adopters time to work out the kinks!

Thanks again for your input ...

Susan

See you at RUG!