Direct SQL would work great :)

UPDATE AST_MONITOR SET SERIAL_NUMBER = replace(SERIAL_NUMBER, '-','');

Sean

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Lisa Kemes
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:09 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Updates via Import into Asset

**
Hello all!!  :)

We import assets into the AST:XXX forms (for example AST:Monitor).  We do not
use AIE.  Customer imported records into the AST:Monitor form and put hyphens
in the serial number and would like to take them out (the hyphens).  We
exported the data into a .csv file, cleared out the hyphens and now would like
to import the updates.

Is there an easy way to do this?  I tried doing an import using the data import
tool (using the Update Old Record with New Record's Data option under "Handle
Duplicate Request IDs by") and it wants to add this to the database, not update
it.

Any ideas?

ARS 7.5
ITSM 7.5