From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Cecil, Ken
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Automation of license tracking in Remedy

Thanks that will come in handy.

Ken.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:18 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

Hi,

I have published a small application to send a notification whenever any
license threshold you set are breached.

Just fill out your thresholds and notification address and download the
definitions: http://rrr.se/cgi/licnotify

If you want more details, you can turn on your user-logs and analyze these with
the free version of RRR|License, which will give you detailed utilization
statistics as well as tell you how well you have allocated your licenses.

AD: The typical customer will free about 30% of their floating licenses by
using the full version of RRR|License, and this without the need to "release
licenses".

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10+11+12):

> Hi All,
>
> Hope you all are doing well :)
>
> I have a requirement of automating the license tracking in Remedy.
> So, what i have currently in Remedy(AR Server Version 7.5.004 & ITSM
> suite
> 7.6.001):
>
> -->Few forms such as manage license usage form(Vendor form from
> BMC),historical form, and few regular forms.
>
> What currently I am looking for, is to automate license tracking in
> Remedy whether on form(through customizing) or through database level,
> which will trigger me an email when the highest usage of license
> consumption is reached, so that accordingly we will take necessary
> actions to release the licenses(floating), which will optimize the license
> usage.
>
> Another option on application level, is that, is there any form
> available in Remedy where user's session data is stored like login
> time, log-out time and if the answer is yes, what is the form name,
> and its schema id with respect to database.
>
> If anybody having knowledge on it or in the past worked, please
> share,would be of great help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hari
> hsvishwaka...@gmail.com

solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including
traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's
systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of
internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated

attachments from your system.