For authentication you have a few options:

- Internal Remedy/ARS authentication
- Simple LDAP integration using ARDBC LDAP
- AREA Plugin, which could be designed to integrate Remedy and SAML
- Atrium SSO, which as David said will integrate in 8.0
- Another 3rd party app, such as what java solutions has

LDAP is by far the easiest authentication integration.  I haven't played
with Atrium SSO 8.0 yet, but 7.6.04 was fairly easy to integrate with
external authentication sources.  There were issues with 7,6,04 and the add
on BMC encryption packages, so if you are using added layers of encryption
this will add some challenges.

Brian