I just figured it out.  There were a few things I did, and unfortunately I’m
not sure what actually solved the problem so I’ll list the steps below:

1.       Set the “C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\DataManagementClient”
directory and all subdirectories to not be Read-Only.  I’m skeptical that this
is actually possible but I attempted to do it even if Windows decided to change
it behind my back.

2.       Went to Programs and Features in the Control Panel of my PC, clicked
“Change” on Microsoft Office and reset the “Visual Basic For Applications” item
to “Run from My Computer.”

3.       Rebooted

4.       Opened Excel and verified on the Macros section of the Windows Trust
Center was set to “Enable all macros.”

5.       When you launch the Windows User Tool to run the DMT, make sure you
right click on the icon and select “Run as an Administrator”.

Some combination of the above things enabled the CSV files to be created, and I
was able to successfully import the items into the staging forms.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer