William,

I am glad that you found the solution.  And, that BMC support was able to help
by providing the solution!

Now, one thing I did want to comment on was your discussion of "leading search"
and FTS.

It is important to note that FTS is a "word search" capability.  What this
means is that FTS is a word centric
search capability.  Putting abc% will find words beginning with abc not the
entire contents of the field
starting with abc.  Although the syntax may look like a LIKE, it is not really
an SQL LIKE.

It will also match words that are not exact matches using stemming and
thesaurus.

Stemming means that it will find words with standard endings.  For example if
you searched for hike, it would
match hike, hikes, hiking, hiked, and similar permutations.

Thesaurus means that it will find words from a dictionary where you have
described the words as being the
same thing.  This dictionary can be expanded at your site to add things that
are unique to your site where two
words mean the same thing.

Hopefully, this explains why the "lync" was matched even though it was not at
the start of the entire string.  It
WAS at the start of a word.

Doug Mueller