From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rod Harris
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:48 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Problem comparing date/time field to $DATE$ in a filter

** Yes LJ, a date field doesn't worry about timezones so would solve Rick's
problem for sure.

The main issue I had with it is that the control is not as user friendly as
a date only datetime control. The need to be able to specify BC is not
normally useful and having to type in or use a drop down rather than a
calendar control is also not ideal.

For me I added about 12 hours to everyone's "date only" input before doing
the DATE translation just so that everyone in Australia and surrounding
areas was on the same day.  I guess it works for us but if you need to
support people across a more than 12 hour spread of timezones you would want
something more robust.

Rod

On 29 November 2012 00:36, Longwing, LJ CTR MDA/IC <lj.longwing....@mda.mil>