Bryan,Licenses are Host Specific. Prod license will not work on new host
Contact BMC support to get valid license for new Host

Ravi

Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:04:09 -0500
From: cbs...@msn.com
Subject: Restoring an ARSystem MS SQL DB to new Virtual Server Env
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**
I am attempting to duplicate our current Production ARSystem environment on
physical servers to a Virtual Server Environment:

I have installed AR Server and all appropriate modules.  I want to take my
current production SQL DB and restore it to my new virtual db server.

What is the best method of doing this and are there any specific configuration
changes needed after the restore of the DB to my new server?

Specifically around licensing, because all my licenses came over from my
current production system.  I need to apply a new AR Server license and I'm
getting the following message when attempting to do that:

     ARWARN [469] Warning, this key is not valid for this server.

     The preceding message occurred during the execution of active link AR
System Licenses Console:Update License -- action 1. (ARNOTE 1101)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bryan Stevenson
bsteven...@usgs.gov