I haven't done it in a while, but I believe using Remedy import with
attachments the attachment can be imported

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Theresa Miller
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:43 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: 7.6.04 attachments

We currently store Remedy custom application attachments in a filestore on the
midtier server (instead of the remedy db) because some of them are quite large
and can't be split. The current process is to use an active link run process to
open a file path for each specific record (create if one doesn't exist, using
PHP) The remedy midtier can not handle attaching large files and just hangs;
although the user client has no issue. Our users only access midtier. We have a
need to move the attachments off the filestore (and off the midtier server) due
to security concerns and place them in a database. Does anyone have a way of
attaching files at the db level (inside or outside of remedy db) without using
the midtier?