Meta-Update will do it at the API level.  That will be inside Remedy.

If you want Remedy access to the attachments, you will need to go through the
API.

If you need to store them in the db without the API then you will not have
them appear in Remedy records and you could certainly devise something to
extract them to a file system through Remedy but it may be more work than you
imagine and going through the API and having the attachments be in the Remedy
known tables is the way to go.

Meta-Update trial licenses are free and are completely unrestricted in your
use of Meta-Update.  A script for this would be a matter of a few minutes.

Cheers

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com>
Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

We are a BMC Technology Alliance Partner

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and out Freebies

Section for a ITSM 7.6.04 and 8.0.0 Fields spreadsheet.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/