Sheer.  Genius.  I should have thought of that actually - I've built enough
non-Remedy web stuff in my day...

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:34 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Computer User Agent?

Easy

In your Mid-Tier shared directory create a .jsp file (I call mine
get_user_info.jsp) that contains the following
function get_user_agent()
{
  var return_value = "<%= request.getHeader("User-Agent") %>";
  return (return_value)
}

In your WEB Footer of your form add the following
<SCRIPT src="/arsys/shared/get_user_info.jsp" language="JavaScript"></SCRIPT>

To populate in a field you run an active link with a RunProcess action.   i.e.
to put into a field of "zTmpUserAgent" (536870923)
  javascript:window.F(536870923).DoSet(get_user_agent());

Fred