Terrific.  Thanks.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Phil Bautista
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:50 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: OT: Friday Humor

**

Ok, so this could be modified to incorporate any number of discovery tools,
database of your choice, PC vendor you like (or dislike), etc.  But you may
find it funny and can perform your own variable substitution.

"A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture
in Montana when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud
of dust. The driver, a young man in a BrioniR suit, GucciR shoes, RayBanR
sunglasses and YSLR tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I
tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you
give me a calf?" Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks
at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?" The
yuppie parks his car, whips out his DellR notebook computer, connects it to
his Cingular RAZR V3R cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet,
where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which
he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an
ultra-high-resolution photo. The young man then opens the digital photo in
Adobe PhotoshopR and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg ,
Germany ... Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm PilotR that the
image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQLR
database through an ODBC connected ExcelR spreadsheet with email on his
BlackberryR and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he
prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP
LaserJetR printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586
cows and calves." "That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my
calves," says Bud. He watches the young man select one of the animals and
looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his
car. Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what
your business is, will you give me back my calf?" The young man thinks about
it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?" "You're a Congressman for
the U.S. Government", says Bud. "Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but
how did you guess that?" "No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You
showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an
answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of
dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you
are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or
about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep. Now give me back my
dog. AND THAT FOLKS IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS ALL ABOUT."

Phil Bautista, WWRUG13 Advisory Board

512-731-0304

Social - http://www.facebook.com/phil.bautista

Business - http://www.linkedin.com/in/philbautista