**
Hi :)

I guess JAVA_HOME points the the 1.6x jdk?
Do you have this message at installer startup or during one of the installer screens?

On 04 Mar, 2013,at 05:01 PM, Remedy Man <remedy.man...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Susan,

we are relying on the Matrix ... we don't take any red pil ;-)
The doc says 64 bits sybase client so we installed a 64bits library client
we source the sybase.sh and our OCS 15 is able to talk to the sybase server
but when we run the ARS installer here is what we can read for instance:

The installer either could not find a Java VM, or the Java VM on this
system is too old. The installer requires Java 1.1.5 or later. It can be
downloaded from http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/jre/

But we do have java higher
/opt/java/jdk1.6.0_29/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

There must be a trick somewhere but for the time being I find the trick my
boss will start looking somewhere else and I might start considering to
take the red pil instead

thanks for your consideration