Or...  We could just go in and change it for them ;-)

Ken.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of John Baker
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:56 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mid Tier administration password

Hello,

I found this couple of paragraphs in an SSO Plugin newsletter and thought it
was worth sharing.

We see a lot of Mid Tier deployments and have noticed that the Mid Tier
configuration password is almost never changed from the default value,
arsystem. This poses a security risk, particularly when running a Mid Tier on
the Internet - it doesn't take long to find a few public Mid Tiers with the
default administration password.

SSO Plugin displays a warning on the status page when the default password is
set, so if you haven't changed your Mid Tier administration password, why not
change it now?

John
--
JSS SSO Plugin for BMC, HP, CA, Kinetic, Jasper and more.
http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/ssoplugin

Are, and have been for 20 years"

solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including
traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's
systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of
internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated