From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Steve Kallestad
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Mid Tier administration password

** Good point John.  I rarely see a default in a production environment
anymore, but in sandbox and development environments...

I saw Matt Laurenceau's posted about passwords today as well -
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111882191091175150723/posts/42YkKdvjM1M?hl=en

Personally, I recommend using something like keepass to generate and
maintain passwords like this.  It has functionality to set expirations and
alert you to change them.

It's better if there's an enterprise solution in place, but barring that,
keepass is a heck of a lot better than storing the passwords in a shared
spreadsheet, using the same password over and over, or trying to remember
your password after not using it for a month.

it's free/open source:  http://keepass.info/

and there are browser integrations and various password generators.

Question for you - what's does your SSO solution do that the OOB solution
does not?  (the one linked in your signature)

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM, John Baker