I wonder at what point does BMC stop putting effort into managing their
customers who are prone to sharing these types of ideas, product
documentation, ERDs, and just let their customers try to support their
business in a cost-effective manner.  I am sure David has more important
things to do rather than spend time reading emails and correcting yahoos
like me.

I can imagine there are many factors to consider and these decisions don't
come lightly.  I am sure it is much easier said than done.  BMC is a public
company and has a responsibility to stay profitable/competitive (protect
trade secrets).  It just seems legal handcuffs have become a common topic.

Jason