Hi,

Legal stuff is tricky. David says that BMC are "discussing" an exception for
the approval process...

As this is an approval process, I would probably create Filters that
immediately tells the main record to continue the process. Would this be
considered illegal or not, who knows!?

I try to think of the intent of READ licenses when doing something like this.

My normal rule of thumb is that the request or something, the end user, should
be able to update his/her records with a READ licenses.

The Approver is not the Requesting End User, but as someone said an Approver
could be anyone, and you are not supposed to have to buy FIXED/FLOAT licenses
to every employee.

Why not give them a FLOAT license? The problem is that they might do READ-type
stuff 99% of the time, but giving them a FLOAT would tie that license 100% of
the time because of the 1% needed for the occasional Approval...

Maybe you could have some FLTR:s in place that changes your Approvers to FLOAT
in the User-form whenever they have an active Approval, and then back to READ
again when they have done the Approval/Rejection?

Please don't refer to this posting in any legal dispute with BMC, I am just
sharing my thoughts and ideas on the subject ;-)

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12):