Other than the first part: the going Private:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/21/bmcsoftware-idUSL1N0CD79Q20130321?
type=companyNews

There is something wrong when someone that has 10% of the stock of a company
can drive what happens,

And with no thought to the customers.

In the article it shows what Elliot wants to do including:

BMC needed a board with a fresh approach in order to keep up, Elliott
argued. The investment firm also pointed out significant scope to trim
headcount and create a more efficient business.

Does that sound like anything that will be positive in terms of services to
customers or R&D to improve products for the future?

Daniel