Try configuring IP to Windows AR server Name resolution in /etc/hosts on Linux
box  and
                          IP to Linux AR server Name resolution in
drivers/etc/hosts on windows box

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Nathan Brandt
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:43 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Issues in DSO 7.6.04 SP2 Linux->Windows

**
We are trying to setup DSO between 2 AR servers.
One is on RHEL 5.3, 7.6.04 SP2 and other is on Win 2k 8, 7.6.04 SP2

We enabled DSO on both the servers. Machines are in same network and accessible
from one another using machine name (same as AR Server name).

After making all configuration changes, we observe following

1. From Developer Studio, if we connect to Windows ARS, we are able to connect
    Linux Server in one of the distributed mappings. Even here, there is small
glitch, we   need to specify IP address of Linux machine. It doesn't work with
AR Server Name of Linux machine.

2. But from Developer Studio, if we connect to Linux ARS, no matter what we put
we are not able to establish connection to Windows ARS server.

When configuring DSO on both, we have used machine names (same as AR Server
Alias Name) (and not FQDN) of the remote AR Server.

Any clues what might be going wrong?

~ Nathan