Does the system just read the Group List field of the User record when
resolving the operation? If so then wouldn't you also need to use LIKE
"12345%" since the first group wouldn't have the leading semi-colon? I was
using this extra clause when checking to see if group ID 1 was in the Group
List (field ID 104) of a supporting form (which is fed from the User form).
In my case I'm using 'Group List' LIKE "1;%" OR 'Group List' LIKE "%;1;%" to
check for the Admin group being the first or later in the field.

-Rick

___________________________

Rick Westbrock

QMX Support Services

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Longwing, Lj
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 9:30 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Allowing Status Change By Group Membership

**

Yolanda,

First I would suggest you utilize the group id keyword instead of the groups
keyword, only from the perspective that group names can 'overlap'...meaning
you can have an 'Admin' and 'Contact Admin', and if you do groups like
admin...both would match....but not if you utilize the group id keyword
properly...and I assume you want to throw an error when someone other than
the groups try...so you would want to try something like this

('Status' = "Scheduled" OR 'Status' = "Cancelled" OR ('Status = "Denied" AND
'Organization' = "EAST)) AND NOT ($GROUPIDS$ LIKE "%;12345;% OR  $GROUPIDS$
LIKE "%;23456;%"

please note the ; on both sides of the group ID.  This helps ensure that the
group id is fully encased, and not part of another group number.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Yolanda Collier