Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 11:54 AM
To: Sanford, Claire
Subject: Important news for customers of BMC Software

[http://images.go.bmc.com/eloquaimages/clients/BMCSoftwareInc/%7bc6a455a2-9d5e-4d47-ac40-51e0607c7fb2%7d_bmc_ext_offer_spacer.gif]

[BMC Software]

[http://images.go.bmc.com/eloquaimages/clients/BMCSoftwareInc/%7b3e5434cd-b568-4722-8f54-356158858071%7d_eloqua_temp_single-offer_top-shadow.gif]

[http://images.go.bmc.com/eloquaimages/clients/BMCSoftwareInc/%7b205b892d-e405-4b76-a7f1-4d611d9cb7b4%7d_eloqua_temp_single-offer_top-fade.gif]

[http://images.go.bmc.com/eloquaimages/clients/BMCSoftwareInc/%7bc6a455a2-9d5e-4d47-ac40-51e0607c7fb2%7d_bmc_ext_offer_spacer.gif]

Dear BMC Customer,

I am excited to inform you of a very positive development for BMC Software.

BMC Software
announced<http://app.go.bmc.com/e/er?s=1545&lid=4458&elq=56354adb90354a77ba09b4fc9b8d45a7>
 earlier today that the company has signed a definitive agreement to be
acquired by a private investor group led by Bain Capital and Golden Gate
Capital together with GIC Special Investments Pte Ltd (“GICSI”) and Insight
Venture Partners. The transaction will take the Company private.

We believe this important step will position us for even greater success and
accelerate our ability to focus on building an even stronger future for our
customers.

As a result of this transaction, BMC expects to have increased flexibility to
invest more strategically to drive powerful innovation and deliver cutting edge
customer solutions. Importantly, this transaction provides BMC with the
potential to accelerate our customer-focused vision for our company. We are
confident that this transaction will allow us to better serve you.

We expect the transaction to be completed later this year. Throughout the
process, and after the close, the transaction’s impact should be seamless to
you.  It will have no impact on the day-to-day operations of our business. Your
BMC contacts remain the same, all current contracts will be honored and there
will be no change in how we conduct our business with you.

As we move through this process, we will keep you informed of key developments.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call your usual BMC
representative.

We look forward to building upon our relationship with you and to continuing to
develop the best solutions to address the IT needs within your organization.

Regards,

Kim DeCarlis
Vice President, Worldwide Marketing
BMC Software